Ironworkers Local 384 was chartered on August 13th, 1923 in Ashville, North Carolina.
It then transferred to Knoxville Tennessee on August 25th, 1933, when the Tennessee Valley Authority was established under the “New Deal” of President Franklin D. Roosevelt, beginning with the construction of the Norris Dam.
Today we are committed to providing the safest and most productive Ironworkers in the Trade, to ensure a competitive advantage for our owners and contractors.
Over the years we have provided: excellent training, good wages, retirement benefits and health insurance to thousands of families in Tennessee Valley. Our members in turn, reinvest their skills and dollars back in to the same communities they live and work in.